Topics

Cruzer Ride Tues Aug4, Niwot to Sandstone Ranch, 20 mi+ - Tue, 08/04/2020 8:30am-12:30pm #cal-reminder

main@SeniorsOnBikes.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: Cruzer Ride Tues Aug4, Niwot to Sandstone Ranch, 20 mi+

When: Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 8:30am to 12:30pm, (GMT-06:00) America/Denver

Where:Grange Park located at Niwot Road and 83rd Street, Niwot, CO

View Event

Organizer: Jim Eastman

Route: LOBO Trail to Left Hand Creek Trail to Saint Vrain Greenway bike path to Sandstone Ranch. The Lobo Trail has approximately 2 miles of solid crusher fine surface between 83rd and 95th (Hover) where it meets up with the Left Hand Creek bike path. (If someone doesn’t want to ride the crusher fine surface, he/she can ride the Diagonal Highway shoulder to 95th (Hover Street) and exit at Oscar Blues and meet the rest of us at the Left Hand Creek bike path a quarter mile south of Oskar Blues Restaurant.)

Round trip distance is 20 miles. Option: Add 10 miles for trip to wildlife area near I-25. Bring a snack/lunch to consume at the Sandstone Ranch picnic shelter. Binoculars are useful on this route for bald eagles, owl nests,  goslings with their protective parents and, sometimes wild turkeys.

Ride COVID-19 safe by wearing (and using) a mask and keeping 15 ft distance while riding. Cruzer rides are at a relaxed pace and we try hard not to drop anybody.  This ride is mostly paved bike paths.

Lou Mazzola

Where do we meet to start the ride in Niwot on Tuesday?

Lou Mazzola

--
Mazzola, Lou