Boulder, CO Seniors on BIkes main@SeniorsOnBikes.groups.io
Group DescriptionThe Boulder, CO Seniors on Bikes welcome anyone who enjoys cycling with a group. There are fast-paced "Tiger" and more moderate "Pacer" rides posted on the Calendar each Wednesday & Friday morning year-round, weather permitting, and ride notice e-mails are sent to members. Casual "Cruzer" rides are posted on warmer days throughout the year. Occasionally other rides and events are posted as well.
SAFETY: NEVER PASS on the RIGHT SIDE of another rider; PLEASE obey all traffic signals and traffic laws; when we stop at the side of the road MOVE OVER so cars & other cyclists can pass or turn right; go single file when traffic is present. We believe that it's good to have a bright front and rear light at all times of day, and also (except for the would-be Tour de France riders among us) find rear-view mirrors to be helpful. Please be considerate; our reputation as cyclists is at stake. Colorado cycling rules and a link to the State of Colorado statutes can be found at http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?pageID=27.
The group is self-reliant; DO carry a spare tube, tire levers and pump OR alert someone at the start of the ride that you may need help/want to ride with someone. We will re-group periodically during rides at major intersections...if you think you may go a different way or turn around, please TELL someone! Lastly, please be considerate of the group and other riders, and observe the protocols established by the ride leader(s), such as ride pace, re-grouping, etc.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.